Honda Canada Milestones
Since coming to Canada in 1969, Honda has had tremendous growth across the country and become a valuable part of the comunity. Discover some of the most notable milestones in our Canadian history.
- Stamping facility added in Alliston, Ontario.
- Honda of Canada Mfg. production reached the 100,000th vehicle.
- Civic Hatchback production launch for North American markets.
- Honda Canada Finance Inc. established to provide stable financing for consumers of Honda's products and its dealers.
- On February 14th the Acura division publicly launched its upscale automotive line up to Canadians.
- Honda opens its automobile factory in Alliston, Ontario, the first automobile manufacturing plant opened by a Japanese company in Canada.
- Acura division established the first Japanese manufacturer to offer an upscale automotive line.
- Acura Legend and Acura Integra introduced to Canada.
- Plans announced to begin production of Honda vehicles in Canada.
- New zone office complex opened in British Columbia to service Western Canada, including warehouse and technical training center.