Honda Canada Milestones
Since coming to Canada in 1969, Honda has had tremendous growth across the country and become a valuable part of the community. Discover some of the most notable milestones in our Canadian history.
- The Honda Civic is Canada’s best-selling passenger car for 18 straight years.
- Honda Civic named “Best New Small Car” by AJAC.
- The 2015 Accord celebrates making Car & Driver’s “10Best” list for a record 30 years.
- Honda Canada celebrates all-time record sales year with 177,506 vehicles sold in Canada.
- HCM manufactures its seven-millionth vehicle in March.
- HCM begins production as the global lead plant for the 10th generation Honda Civic.
- Since 2005, more than 4.5 million Canadians have benefited from Honda Canada – and Honda Canada Foundation-funded charitable programs.
- Over the past 10 years, more than 120,000 trees have been planted by Honda, its associates and their families.
- Honda announces plans to invest $857 million in its Alliston manufacturing facilities as global lead plant for Civic.
- Honda Fit named “Best new small car under $21,000” by AJAC.
- Honda sells its four-millionth vehicle in Canada.
- The Honda Fit receives the "Best Retained Value" award in the sub-compact category by Canadian Black Book.
- The 2013 Honda Accord Sedan wins the AJAC "Canadian Car of the Year" award as well as "Best New Family Car under $30,000."
- Production of the Honda CR-V begins at the Alliston, Ontario plant.
- Honda Canada Manufacturing produces the six-millionth car in Alliston, Ontario, in November.
- The Honda Civic is Canada's best-selling car for 15 years in a row.
- Honda Canada Manufacturing celebrates its 25th anniversary in Canada. Since the Alliston plant opened in 1986, production has reached over 5.4 million vehicles. Find Out More.
- Honda announces that the 2012 CR-V will be produced at the Alliston, Ontario plant beginning in January 2012. This is part of Honda’s never-ending efforts to make production of all vehicles as efficient as possible.
- In May, Honda Canada opened its new Head Office Campus in Markham, Ontario. The Head Office was built and designed to be LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold Certified.
- For the second year in a row, Maclean’s magazine names Honda one of Canada’s “50 Most Socially Responsible Corporations”.
- Honda’s Civic Hybrid receives the "ecoEnergy vehicle" award for Canada’s most fuel-efficient compact car for the 7th consecutive year.
- The Acura ZDX was awarded the top prize in the Design Breakthrough category in this year’s Ward’s Interior of the Year Awards.